Being forced to pay for expensive car insurance premiums can empty your savings account and make it tough to pay other bills. Doing a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to lower your bills every month.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually hit you with ads and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s important to compare prices yearly because car insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best rate on ML320 coverage a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to buy cheaper car insurance.
More discounts mean lower premiums
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable data collection to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include good student, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, good student, business and professional, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, good student, military active duty, and federal employee.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for safe vehicle, good student, anti-theft, group or association, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, bundle, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- USAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, new vehicle, driver training, military installation, multi-vehicle, and vehicle storage.
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What if I total my Mercedes-Benz ML320 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
Insurance agents near you
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agencies is especially important in small towns.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
In order to find a licensed agent near you, you may want to view this directory of car insurance agents in your state.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, you may have found a company that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance.
More effort can pay off
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Mercedes-Benz ML320 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding . You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost Mercedes-Benz ML320 insurance is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.