Are you burned out from trying to scrape together enough money to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as many other consumers. People have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, more options can take longer to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
Getting a cheaper price on Tesla Roadster insurance can be quick and easy. You just need to spend a few minutes to get quotes to find the company with . Insurance prices can be quoted by using one of the methods below.
The most efficient way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This style of form eliminates the need for separate quotes for every company. One quote request compares rates from many national carriers.
A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates requires a visit to the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Farmers, Allstate and American Family. You would need to spend time going to each site individually and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Compare rates however you want, just compare nearly identical quote data for each quote you get. If you use different coverage information it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate.
But they said I’d save $484 a year!
Consumers can’t escape the ads that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the ads try to convey promises about saving some big amount if you move your policy.
Is it even possible that every company can give you a lower rate? This is how they do it.
Different companies offer their best rates for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. One example of a driver they prefer could be over age 30, has a low-risk occupation, and has a short commute. Anyone who fits those characteristics may get the lowest rates and will also cut their rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the ideal profile may be required to pay higher premiums with the end result being the customer not buying. If you listen closely, the ads state “people that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save the amount stated. That’s why insurance companies can advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to quotes from several different companies. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
The following are most of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Safety first – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers rates – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Poor driving means higher rates – Getting just one driving citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten careless tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Responsible credit equals lower premiums – A driver’s credit rating factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Tesla Roadster if you clean up your credit.
- Guys tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Males and females get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Annual mileage impacts premiums – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge rates based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating states annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Roadster can result in significantly higher rates.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers sucessfully take a driver\s education course in school.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% for Roadster insurance compared to accident prone drivers.
- Good Student – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers could receive lower premium rates for Roadster insurance.
- Theft Deterent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a .
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best discounts, click here to view.
Persistent drivers can save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Tesla Roadster insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best prices are with an unexpected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.