Guide to Insuring your Bentley Azure for Less
If finding the lowest rate on car insurance was easy, most people would have no trouble paying less. But unfortunately, it's difficult for a lot of people and we always seem to pay more than we should. Finding insurance for your Bentley Azure that you can actually afford is probably no different.
Step One: Compare Online Rate Quotes
Up until just recently, the only option you had for shopping for insurance was getting a high pressure sales pitch in the office of your local insurance agent. Now that we have the internet, shopping for car insurance online is a snap!
The first step to finding lower Bentley Azure rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
Take the first step by clicking the link below. By answering a few questions you'll be able to compare rates quickly and easily.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your Azure.
Step Two: How to Save on Azure Insurance
How much impact insuring your Bentley has on your wallet is controlled by many different factors. Here are some ways to reduce the negatives and improve the positives.
- The performance boost offered by your Bentley Azure is going to force you to spend more for insurance. Consider trading for a lower performance vehicle in order to bring down your rates.
- Auto theft is a big problem that costs us all money, but if your car is on the list of the most frequently stolen autos, you might be paying a little extra because of the temptation to thieves.
- Repair shops have more expenses when repairing damage on luxury vehicles, so they will charge your insurance company more to make the repairs. This will be evident in your insurance rates even if you don't have a claim.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- Many insurance companies will give you a small discount if you've recently completed a driver's training course.
- Try to maintain a claim-free discount on your car insurance policy. Obviously you can't prevent large claims, but if they are smaller and you can afford to pay them out-of-pocket, do so.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- Teen drivers have a tendancy to learn the hard way when driving, and that means having a few fender-benders. Rating them on a high profile newer vehicle can be very expensive so you might consider buying an older model vehicle for them to drive and only insure it with liability coverage.
- Renting a house or apartment rather than owning a home may keep you from paying the lowest rates on car insurance. Home ownership is viewed as being more financially responsible than renting.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- You can check your credit score for free once a year, and it's a good idea to address any problems you find. Better credit results in better insurance rates.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
Step Three: Bind Coverage and Cancel your Old Policy
If you have found a good price by comparing quotes and also made informed decisions regarding policy limits, deductibles and other policy options that are available, you can now purchase the policy and bind coverage.
If you didn't have a prior policy, then you can make the new policy effective any time. But if you're moving bewteen companies and don't want a lapse in coverage, make sure the effective date of the new policy is exactly the same as the cancellation date of the old policy.
Coverage will extend from your current policy if you're buying a Bentley Azure, but if you don't have a policy, you will need to make sure you have coverage in place before you drive it off the dealership lot. Anytime you buy a vehicle, you want to make sure coverage is in place before driving off the lot. If you have a policy now, you will have at least liability coverage. But if you don't insure any vehicles with full coverage, then you will put your new Azure at risk as soon as you drive away.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. SR-22 filings are for high risk drivers and ensure that you have met your state's financial responsibility requirements. If you have DUI, DWI or uninsured accident convictions, you may have to file an SR-22 with your state DMV.
For More Information
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates