How to Insure your Bugatti Veyron 16.4 on a Tight Budget
If finding the lowest rate on car insurance was easy, most people would have no trouble paying less. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Finding good insurance for your Bugatti Veyron 16.4 probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Online Rate Quotes
Up until about ten years ago, the only way to shop for car insurance was in the office of a local insurance agent where you'd get a hard sell into a policy. Welcome to the 21st century!
Getting online rate quotes for a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Important Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your Veyron 16.4, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper Veyron 16.4 Insurance
How much impact insuring your Bugatti has on your wallet is controlled by many different factors. Here are some ways to reduce the negatives and improve the positives.
- The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is a higher performance vehicle, but do you really need the increased speed or power? Vehicles with more moderate performance are usually cheaper to insure.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- Repairing accident damage generally costs more for the Veyron 16.4 because the replacement parts cost more. You can expect your car insurance bill to reflect these higher costs for repair.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- Let's face it, you aren't driving a Veyron 16.4 because of the fuel economy. You like the looks and performance and you'll pay a little more for insurance because you're driving a sports car.
- Driver's safety courses will often get you a discount off your rates. Check to see if your company offers the discount and find a qualifying class in your area.
- Safety features such as passive restraints and air bag systems help reduce injuries in and accident, and car insurance companies will charge lower rates if these features are present.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
- Thieves tend to steal certain makes and models of vehicles more than others, and if your car is on that list, expect to pay higher insurance rates because of it.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- If you rent rather than own a home, you may be paying more for car insurance. Homeowners often get lower rates.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- Car insurance rates for a teen driver on a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 will be expensive no matter what kind of coverage you have. But if you don't need comprehensive and collision, consider dropping those to save money.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your Veyron 16.4 with.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Bugatti off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. When driving off the lot, you may have coverage that extends from your current policy. But it will only be equal to the most coverage you have on any vehicle. So if you only carry liability coverage, you won't be covered for full coverage until you specify it on your policy.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. High risk drivers may be required to submit an SR-22 with their state DMV's. If you have been convicted of reckless driving, DUI or had an uninsured accident, you may qualify. Make sure your new policy reflects the need for the SR-22 filing.
More Resources for Insurance Buying
The Insurance Information Institute has a great resource of car insurance articles where you can learn more about coverages and money saving tips. Visit iii.org.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates