How to Find Cheaper Cadillac STS-V Insurance
If finding cheaper car insurance was fun, we'd make the time to do it regularly. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. You might feel the same pain when having to pay the bill on your Cadillac STS-V.
Step One: Compare Apples-to-Apples Quotes
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Life has gotten easier!
Getting online rate quotes for a Cadillac STS-V from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Quote Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your STS-V, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper STS-V Insurance
There are many factors that actually determine what you will pay for insurance, and some are completely within your control.
- Cheap insurance rates and high performance don't usually mix. If low rates are your goal, the Cadillac STS-V is probably not the best vehicle due to it's above average performance.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- When repairing accident damage on luxury vehicles, body shops charge more because the replacement parts are more expensive. Everything from a fender to a tail light will cost more to replace so your insurance rates will be higher as well.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- Teen drivers have a tendancy to learn the hard way when driving, and that means having a few fender-benders. Rating them on a high profile newer vehicle can be very expensive so you might consider buying an older model vehicle for them to drive and only insure it with liability coverage.
- Most of us have received a ticket at one time or another. If you get a ticket for a minor violation, find out if there is a safe driving class you can take to keep the ticket off your driving record.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Particular years and models of cars tend to be frequently stolen, and if your STS-V is on that list, chances are your insurance company knows it and will ding you a little extra because of it.
- You can check your credit score for free once a year, and it's a good idea to address any problems you find. Better credit results in better insurance rates.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- Most insurance companies will give you a discount on your car insurance if you also own a home. Some go even farther and give you discounts if you package your homeowners and auto insurance with them.
Step Three: Choose the Right Company for You
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your STS-V with.
Car insurance policies don't have to be cancelled at the renewal date, but just be sure the new policy starts the same day you cancel your old policy. This avoids any gaps in coverage between policies.
When buying a new vehicle, coverage will extend from your existing policy. But if you don't have a car insurance policy, you will want to make sure you have coverage BEFORE you drive off the lot. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new STS-V. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
To do more research on car insurance, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates