Lower your Chevrolet Corvette Rates in Less than Five Minutes
If searching for lower car insurance rates was a good time, we'd have no problem finding the best rate. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Chevrolet Corvette.
Step One: Compare Rates from Multiple Companies
Up until about ten years ago, the only way to shop for car insurance was in the office of a local insurance agent where you'd get a hard sell into a policy. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
Comparing insurance rates for a Chevrolet Corvette only require you to enter your information once. You'll receive multiple quotes and can easily compare rates.
Take the first step by clicking the link below. By answering a few questions you'll be able to compare rates quickly and easily.
Same Limits on Quotes! This tip is very important. The only way to accurately compare rates on your Corvette is to use the same limits of liability as well as deductibles on physical damage coverage. You won't be able to compare rates if you use different values on your quotes.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on Corvette Insurance
What you actually pay to insure your Chevrolet is determined by many factors, some of which you have no control over.
- When insuring your Chevrolet Corvette, expect to pay a little more due to the higher performance of the vehicle. On your next purchase consider a lower performance vehicle to save on insurance.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- Repairing accident damage generally costs more for the Corvette because the replacement parts cost more. You can expect your car insurance bill to reflect these higher costs for repair.
- If you belong to a professional organization for your employment, you may qualify for a discount rate. And if you're a senior citizen, you may get a discount for your age as well.
- Zero to 60 is pretty fast in with a Corvette, but having this extra power will cost you in the form of a bigger insurance bill.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- Do you keep your credit rating in good shape? If you do, you will get a better rate than if you let your credit score slide. Check your credit score regularly to make sure there are few blemishes on your record.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- If you think the only financial impact of a speeding ticket is a fine and court costs, think again. Insurance companies will raise your rates for up to three years for a single ticket.
- Having any gaps in coverage (known as a lapse) is bad in the eyes of any insurance company. Make sure you keep coverage in force at all times by synchronizing the expiration and effective dates of your policies.
- Reduce your rates by buying a car that is not a hot model for car thieves. Certain makes and models are more tempting than others, and high-frequency stolen vehicles get charged a higher rate.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Knowing which company to insure your Corvette with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Chevrolet Corvette will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. When driving off the lot, you may have coverage that extends from your current policy. But it will only be equal to the most coverage you have on any vehicle. So if you only carry liability coverage, you won't be covered for full coverage until you specify it on your policy.
All states require you to keep the proof-of-insurance or financial responsibility card in your vehicle at all times. Failure to produce this document can result in a citation. High risk drivers may be required to submit an SR-22 with their state DMV's. If you have been convicted of reckless driving, DUI or had an uninsured accident, you may qualify. Make sure your new policy reflects the need for the SR-22 filing.
More Resources for Insurance Buying
The Insurance Information Institute is the industry authority for consumer car insurance information.
Recent Blog Articles
- Are Your Jaguar XFR Auto Insurance Rates Way Too Much?
- Best 9 Ways to Save on Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance
- Best Ways to Pay Less When Comparing BMW 318ti Insurance
- Find Lower Insurance Rates on a Ferrari 512 M
- Buy Dodge Colt Mitsubishi Insurance for Less Than You’re Paying Now