Cut your Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Insurance Rates in Five Minutes
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. You might feel the same pain when having to pay the bill on your Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD.
Step One: Compare Rates
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Welcome to the NEW way to buy car insurance!
The first step to finding lower Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Same Limits on Quotes! This tip is very important. The only way to accurately compare rates on your Silverado 2500HD is to use the same limits of liability as well as deductibles on physical damage coverage. You won't be able to compare rates if you use different values on your quotes.
Step Two: How to Lower your Silverado 2500HD Insurance Premium
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your Silverado 2500HD insurance rates.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- A deductible is the amount you pay before your company pays a comprehensive or collision claim. If you increase your deductibles, you will pay less for these coverages.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Thieves tend to steal certain makes and models of vehicles more than others, and if your car is on that list, expect to pay higher insurance rates because of it.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- Do not allow your current car insurance coverage to lapse or expire. Insurance companies have a simple way to find out when your last policy ended (called a CLUE report), and if you went without coverage for any length of time you may pay more for coverage.
- Renting a house or apartment rather than owning a home may keep you from paying the lowest rates on car insurance. Home ownership is viewed as being more financially responsible than renting.
Step Three: Choose the Right Company for You
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your Silverado 2500HD that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
Car insurance policies don't have to be cancelled at the renewal date, but just be sure the new policy starts the same day you cancel your old policy. This avoids any gaps in coverage between policies.
If the Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is a new purchase and you haven't had car insurance before, make sure you have coverage in place before driving off the lot. If you have other vehicles already covered, then you will have coverage for the new vehicle. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new Silverado 2500HD will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
The Insurance Information Institute is the industry authority for consumer car insurance information.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates