Five Minutes to Cheaper Dodge Journey Insurance
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But we always seem to pay too much for coverage and most people would rather go to the dentist. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Dodge Journey.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
Up until just recently, the only option you had for shopping for insurance was getting a high pressure sales pitch in the office of your local insurance agent. Times have changed!
You can compare insurance rates for a Dodge Journey simply and quickly just by filling out one form. This allows you to quote the same coverages with multiple companies and pick the lowest rate.
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your Journey that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: Techniques to Lower your Journey Insurance Rates
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your Journey insurance rates.
- You can save money on your physical damage coverage (comprehensive and collision) by increasing your deductibles. Higher deductibles mean you are willing to pay more before the insurance company covers a claim.
- One of the best ways to lower your insurance rates is to raise your credit score. Check your rating once a year and make sure to address any problem areas immediately.
- Youthful or teen drivers that are rated on any vehicle will cost more. The inexperience and tendancy to enjoy going fast is a recipe for an accident.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Most Dodge vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- Renting a house or apartment rather than owning a home may keep you from paying the lowest rates on car insurance. Home ownership is viewed as being more financially responsible than renting.
- Try to maintain a claim-free discount on your car insurance policy. Obviously you can't prevent large claims, but if they are smaller and you can afford to pay them out-of-pocket, do so.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- Auto theft is a big problem that costs us all money, but if your car is on the list of the most frequently stolen autos, you might be paying a little extra because of the temptation to thieves.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Car insurance is pretty easy to buy online, but you do need to be aware that it is a legally binding contract. You need to have funds available for a down payment as well as review your coverages for any insufficiencies.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
If this is a new policy with only the Dodge on it, be sure to have coverage before leaving the dealership or car lot. If you're adding it to an existing policy, you have anywhere from 15 to 30 days depending on the company. Anytime you buy a vehicle, you want to make sure coverage is in place before driving off the lot. If you have a policy now, you will have at least liability coverage. But if you don't insure any vehicles with full coverage, then you will put your new Journey at risk as soon as you drive away.
At the end of buying your policy, you will be able to print out a new proof-of-insurance card to place in your vehicle. This card is required by law and must be produced if requested by law enforcement. SR-22 filings are for high risk drivers and ensure that you have met your state's financial responsibility requirements. If you have DUI, DWI or uninsured accident convictions, you may have to file an SR-22 with your state DMV.
For More Information
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates