How to Insure your Ford LTD Country Squire on a Tight Budget
If finding the lowest rate on car insurance was easy, most people would have no trouble paying less. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Buying insurance on your Ford LTD Country Squire might leave you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Online Rate Quotes
If you haven't priced insurance for awhile, you may still think that the only way to compare rates is to drive around town to multiple insurance offices and meet with an agent. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
Getting online rate quotes for a Ford LTD Country Squire from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Important Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your LTD Country Squire, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper LTD Country Squire Insurance
How much impact insuring your Ford has on your wallet is controlled by many different factors. Here are some ways to reduce the negatives and improve the positives.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- If you think the only financial impact of a speeding ticket is a fine and court costs, think again. Insurance companies will raise your rates for up to three years for a single ticket.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- If you have a period where you don't have any insurance coverage, that's called a lapse. The longer the lapse, the more you'll pay to reinstate coverage.
- Air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, and stability control all help lower the cost of insurance due to reducing the risk of injury in an accident.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your LTD Country Squire is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
- If your insurance company allows driver-specific car rating, you can save money by rating any teenage drivers on low profile vehicles with either no physical damage coverage or very high deductibles.
- If you own a home, you may get a break on your car insurance. Home ownership demonstrates financial responsibility.
Step Three: Make an Informed Buying Decision
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your LTD Country Squire with.
On your new policy, double check that the effective date is the same as the date you are cancelling your old policy. This avoids any lapse in coverage which can cause an increase in your rates.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Ford LTD Country Squire will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. Most car insurance companies will extend coverage to newly purchased vehicles, but only up to the limits of the best insured vehicle. So if you only carry liability insurance and no physical damage coverage, your new purchase will be inadequately insured until you specifically add it to the policy with full coverage.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. If you qualilfy as a high-risk driver after being convicted of a DUI, reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state's DMV. Be sure your new car insurance company is aware of this filing requirement.
Additional Learning Resources
The Insurance Information Institute has a great resource of car insurance articles where you can learn more about coverages and money saving tips. Visit iii.org.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates