Cut your GMC Sierra 3500 Pickup Insurance Rates in Five Minutes
If buying auto insurance was as easy as it sounds on TV commercials, we'd have no problem getting the lowest rates. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. You might feel the same pain when having to pay the bill on your GMC Sierra 3500 Pickup.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rate Quotes
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Now that we have the internet, shopping for car insurance online is a snap!
The first step to finding lower GMC Sierra 3500 Pickup rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
Simply click the link below to enter your information. Once complete, you can compare the returned rates and make a decision on which policy to purchase.
Same Limits on Quotes! This tip is very important. The only way to accurately compare rates on your Sierra 3500 Pickup is to use the same limits of liability as well as deductibles on physical damage coverage. You won't be able to compare rates if you use different values on your quotes.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on Sierra 3500 Pickup Insurance
If you have completed step one above (if not, please complete that step first), then you are now ready to learn some ways to insure your Sierra 3500 Pickup that will also lower the rate you pay irregardless of which company you choose.
- You can check your credit score for free once a year, and it's a good idea to address any problems you find. Better credit results in better insurance rates.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- If you are a renter rather than a homeowner, you might pay a little more to insure your car. Owning a home takes financial repsonsibility and insurance companies reward those policy holders.
- Insurance companies often give discounts to senior citizens and professional organizations, so if you're one of those, check to see if you qualify.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- Teen drivers have a tendancy to learn the hard way when driving, and that means having a few fender-benders. Rating them on a high profile newer vehicle can be very expensive so you might consider buying an older model vehicle for them to drive and only insure it with liability coverage.
- If you think the only financial impact of a speeding ticket is a fine and court costs, think again. Insurance companies will raise your rates for up to three years for a single ticket.
- The advancement of car safety features such as traction control, stability control, front and side-impact air bags and all-wheel drive all help keep insurance costs down.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- Reduce your rates by buying a car that is not a hot model for car thieves. Certain makes and models are more tempting than others, and high-frequency stolen vehicles get charged a higher rate.
Step Three: Choose the Right Company for You
Knowing which company to insure your Sierra 3500 Pickup with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
Car insurance policies don't have to be cancelled at the renewal date, but just be sure the new policy starts the same day you cancel your old policy. This avoids any gaps in coverage between policies.
Coverage will extend from your current policy if you're buying a GMC Sierra 3500 Pickup, but if you don't have a policy, you will need to make sure you have coverage in place before you drive it off the dealership lot. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new Sierra 3500 Pickup. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
The Insurance Information Institute is the industry authority for consumer car insurance information.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates