Insure a Jaguar XK like a Penny Pincher
If finding cheaper car insurance was fun, we'd make the time to do it regularly. But we always seem to pay too much for coverage and most people would rather go to the dentist. Finding affordable insurance for your Jaguar XK is probably the same story.
Step One: Compare Apples-to-Apples Quotes
Up until about ten years ago, the only way to shop for car insurance was in the office of a local insurance agent where you'd get a hard sell into a policy. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
The first step to finding lower Jaguar XK rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your XK.
Step Two: Techniques to Lower your XK Insurance Rates
There are many factors that actually determine what you will pay for insurance, and some are completely within your control.
- Vehicles that are considered high performance will have a higher insurance price tag that your average family sedan. The Jaguar XK is no exception.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- Repairing accident damage generally costs more for the XK because the replacement parts cost more. You can expect your car insurance bill to reflect these higher costs for repair.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
Step Three: Finalize your Car Insurance Policy
Car insurance is pretty easy to buy online, but you do need to be aware that it is a legally binding contract. You need to have funds available for a down payment as well as review your coverages for any insufficiencies.
An important thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you want the effective date of the new policy to be the exact same as the date you are cancelling your old policy.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Jaguar XK will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. When driving off the lot, you may have coverage that extends from your current policy. But it will only be equal to the most coverage you have on any vehicle. So if you only carry liability coverage, you won't be covered for full coverage until you specify it on your policy.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. High risk drivers may be required to submit an SR-22 with their state DMV's. If you have been convicted of reckless driving, DUI or had an uninsured accident, you may qualify. Make sure your new policy reflects the need for the SR-22 filing.
More Resources for Insurance Buying
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates