How to Insure your Maserati Coupe on a Budget
If searching for lower car insurance rates was a good time, we'd have no problem finding the best rate. But more than likely, it's challenging for most people and we always end up paying more than we want. Insuring your Maserati Coupe is probably no exception.
Step One: Compare Rates from Multiple Companies
If you haven't shopped for car insurance for awhile you might remember the days when the only option was to visit a local insurance agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
Comparing apples-to-apples price quotes for your Maserati Coupe is made easy by only requiring one form to be completed. This will shop your coverage with multiple companies and allow you to easily compare rates.
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Read this (it's important)! When doing any car insurance quote to compare rates to either your existing policy or to other quotes, it's important to use identical coverages on all quotes. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rate for your Coupe.
Step Two: How to Cut Costs on Coupe Insurance
What you actually pay to insure your Maserati is determined by many factors, some of which you have no control over.
- The Maserati Coupe is a high performance vehicle. Insurance rates are higher on cars that offer larger engines, more horsepower or increased risk of accident or rollover.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- The Coupe would be considered a luxury vehicle, and repair costs are generally higher for more expensive vehicles. This increased cost is passed on to you through a higher insurance cost.
- Car insurance disounts for senior citizens are often offered by companies as well as discounts for belonging to a professional organization.
- If a quick quarter mile is your goal, the Coupe will answer the call. But if cheap insurance rates are your goal, then you might want to consider trading down to a lower performance vehicle.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Claims that aren't much more than your deductible are better off just being paid out of pocket. If you get into a habit of filing smaller claims, you will pay for it in higher rates.
- How is your credit rating? The better credit you have, the less insurance will cost for your Coupe. If you have bad credit, work on improving your credit score and repair past credit problems.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- A deductible is the amount you pay before your company pays a comprehensive or collision claim. If you increase your deductibles, you will pay less for these coverages.
- Most Maserati vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your Coupe is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
Step Three: Choose a Company and Bind Coverage
You've compared rates and hopefully looked over the coverages for each vehicle on your policy to make sure they're adequate. Now you can make the big decision on which company will best fulfill your needs.
The key thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you do not want your old policy to lapse. Make sure the effective date of the new policy is on or before the expiration date of your current policy.
If the Maserati Coupe is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. Coverage that extends from an existing policy is only as good as your current coverage. So if you don't carry full coverage on any vehicles, you won't have it on your new Coupe.
Once you finish buying your new policy, you will need to print out the proof-of-insurance card that is provided by your new company. This card is proof that you meet the state's minimum liability limits and is required to be kept in your vehicle. If you have received a DUI, reckless driving citation or caused an accident without insurance, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state DMV. Make sure your new company is aware of the SR-22 filing requirement.
To read more about filing a claim, choosing replacement parts, rental car insurance and more, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates