Three Steps to Paying Less for Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG Insurance
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
The old-fashioned method of shopping for car insurance included visiting several local insurance agents and being on the receiving end of a hard sell tactic. Now that we have the internet, shopping for car insurance online is a snap!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Same Limits on Quotes! This tip is very important. The only way to accurately compare rates on your G55 AMG is to use the same limits of liability as well as deductibles on physical damage coverage. You won't be able to compare rates if you use different values on your quotes.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper G55 AMG Insurance
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your G55 AMG insurance rates.
- When insuring your Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG, expect to pay a little more due to the higher performance of the vehicle. On your next purchase consider a lower performance vehicle to save on insurance.
- You can check your credit score for free once a year, and it's a good idea to address any problems you find. Better credit results in better insurance rates.
- The more a vehicles costs new, the more likely it is that repairs will cost more as well. Since the G55 AMG is a luxury SUV vehicle insurance will cost a little more.
- A lead foot will result in higher insurance rates. Slow down, don't get tickets and you'll pay less.
- Insurance companies will charge you a little higher rate on an SUV due to the fact that most have larger engines, four wheel drive, and more complex drive trains.
- If you own a home, you may get a break on your car insurance. Home ownership demonstrates financial responsibility.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Claims that aren't much more than your deductible are better off just being paid out of pocket. If you get into a habit of filing smaller claims, you will pay for it in higher rates.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- If your Mercedes-Benz is equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes or a security system, insurance companies will often give a minor discount for those.
- Membership has it's privleges. If you're a member of a professional organization, check to see if your company offers discounts to its members. It can add up to 5% or more.
- Particular years and models of cars tend to be frequently stolen, and if your G55 AMG is on that list, chances are your insurance company knows it and will ding you a little extra because of it.
- A deductible is the amount you pay before your company pays a comprehensive or collision claim. If you increase your deductibles, you will pay less for these coverages.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your G55 AMG with.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
Coverage will extend from your current policy if you're buying a Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG, but if you don't have a policy, you will need to make sure you have coverage in place before you drive it off the dealership lot. The coverage extended to an add-on vehicle is only as good as the coverage on existing vehicles, so if none of your current insured vehicles have full coverage, your new G55 AMG won't have it either. So in that case, it's important to call your agent or company directly from the dealership and have them bind coverage immediately.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. If you are required to file an SR-22 with your state, your new insurance company will take care of that for you. If you cancel your coverage for any reason, you risk the loss of your driver's license.
Other Insurance Resources
The Insurance Information Institute is the industry authority for consumer car insurance information.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates