Step-by-step Guide to Cheaper Mercedes-Benz R320 Bluetec Insurance
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Finding affordable insurance for your Mercedes-Benz R320 Bluetec is probably the same story.
Step One: Compare Rates
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Mercedes-Benz R320 Bluetec and you can compare their rates by entering your information only one time.
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Mercedes-Benz R320 Bluetec.
Insurance Quoting Tip! The only way to accurately compare rates bewteen different companies for your R320 Bluetec is to use identical coverage limits on all the quotes. If you use different liability limits and/or deductibles, you won't have an apples-to-apples rate comparison.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper R320 Bluetec Insurance
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your R320 Bluetec insurance rates.
- Vehicles that are considered high performance will have a higher insurance price tag that your average family sedan. The Mercedes-Benz R320 Bluetec is no exception.
- A deductible is the amount you pay before your company pays a comprehensive or collision claim. If you increase your deductibles, you will pay less for these coverages.
- Owning a luxury vehicle like your R320 Bluetec means you'll pay a little more for insurance due to the higher cost of repair parts.
- How's your credit score? If it's good you will pay a lower rate than your poor credit counterparts. Work on improving weak credit and you will eventually see your car insurance bill go down.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Ask your insurance company if there is a discount for completing a driver's safety course. It may get you up to a 10% discount at your next renewal.
- A lead foot will result in higher insurance rates. Slow down, don't get tickets and you'll pay less.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
- The advancement of car safety features such as traction control, stability control, front and side-impact air bags and all-wheel drive all help keep insurance costs down.
- Most insurance companies will give you a discount on your car insurance if you also own a home. Some go even farther and give you discounts if you package your homeowners and auto insurance with them.
- Smaller claims that hardly exceed your deductible are better off not being filed with your insurance company. Policyholders with no claims enjoy lower rates than those who frequently file claims.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
Step Three: Finalize your Car Insurance Policy
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your R320 Bluetec with.
An important thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you want the effective date of the new policy to be the exact same as the date you are cancelling your old policy.
If the Mercedes-Benz R320 Bluetec is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new R320 Bluetec will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
After completing your policy purchase, you can print out the proof-of-insurance card to place in your car. Always keep the current card available in case requested by law enforcement or if you are in an accident. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
For more detailed car insurance topics, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates