How to Find Cheaper Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Insurance
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG.
Step One: Shop Around
The old way of buying car insurance was to make multiple trips to various local agents and get strong armed into a policy that didn't necessarily fit you. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
Getting online rate quotes for a Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Quote Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your S55 AMG, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper S55 AMG Insurance
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a S55 AMG.
- When insuring your Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG, expect to pay a little more due to the higher performance of the vehicle. On your next purchase consider a lower performance vehicle to save on insurance.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your S55 AMG is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
- S55 AMG replacement parts are more expensive due to the quality of the parts, so you can expect your physical damage rates to be higher to reflect the higher cost of repair.
- Insurance companies often give discounts to senior citizens and professional organizations, so if you're one of those, check to see if you qualify.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Bundling your auto and home insurance with the same company can often get you a discount, and just being a homeowner in itself will get you a lower rate.
- Newer car models are coming standard with advanced passenger safety systems, and these help reduce the risk of injury in an accident. Less injuries mean lower insurance rates.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- Driver's safety courses will often get you a discount off your rates. Check to see if your company offers the discount and find a qualifying class in your area.
- Teenage drivers can be very expensive to insure on newer vehicles will full coverage. You may be better off purchasing an older vehicle for your teenager and only insure it for liability.
- Do you keep your credit rating in good shape? If you do, you will get a better rate than if you let your credit score slide. Check your credit score regularly to make sure there are few blemishes on your record.
- Higher deductibles save money. If you can afford to pay a larger portion of a comprehensive or collision claim, you will pay substantially less for those coverages if you increase your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your S55 AMG with.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. Your existing car insurance policy will give you some coverage if you buy a new or used S55 AMG, but unless you are already paying for full coverage, you won't have it until you add the vehicle to your policy.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. Depending on your state's statutes, you may be required to file an SR-22 form if you've been convicted of an uninsured accident, DUI or license suspension. Make sure your new company is aware of this requirement and files it promptly.
More Educational Resources
To do more research on car insurance, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates