Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG Insurance for Tightwads
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Cutting the check for each renewal on your Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG might give you the same feeling.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Not anymore!
You can compare insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG simply and quickly just by filling out one form. This allows you to quote the same coverages with multiple companies and pick the lowest rate.
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your SLK32 AMG.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper SLK32 AMG Insurance
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your SLK32 AMG insurance rates.
- If you need the extra performance that your Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG gives you, then you'll have to pay extra to insure it. Higher performance cars tend to be more expensive to insure.
- How is your credit rating? The better credit you have, the less insurance will cost for your SLK32 AMG. If you have bad credit, work on improving your credit score and repair past credit problems.
- Owning a luxury vehicle like your SLK32 AMG means you'll pay a little more for insurance due to the higher cost of repair parts.
- Before a comprehensive or collision claim is paid by your company, you have to pay a deductible first. The more you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be. Consider raising your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
- If cheap insurance is your goal, then the SLK32 AMG is maybe not your best choice of vehicle. Sport cars cost more to insure even if you're a good driver.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- Do not allow your current car insurance coverage to lapse or expire. Insurance companies have a simple way to find out when your last policy ended (called a CLUE report), and if you went without coverage for any length of time you may pay more for coverage.
- Equipping your Mercedes-Benz with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
- If you're a young driver, you will pay more to insure a SLK32 AMG. There isn't anything you can do about your age, but rates will drop as you mature.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
Step Three: Finalize your Policy Details
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your SLK32 AMG with.
It's critical that your new policy starts the same day that your old policy ends. If you are cancelling mid-term, make sure there is no lapse in coverage before your new policy kicks in.
If you are adding a vehicle to an existing policy and not buying a new one, just make sure to get the vehicle added as soon as possible. Every insurance company offers a grace period to add new vehicles, so make sure you get the Mercedes-Benz added prior to the expiration of this grace period. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new SLK32 AMG will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
At the end of buying your policy, you will be able to print out a new proof-of-insurance card to place in your vehicle. This card is required by law and must be produced if requested by law enforcement. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates