Insure Your Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG For Less Than You Are Paying Now
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. You probably feel the same way when trying to find cheaper coverage for your Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
Years ago, your local insurance agent was the only way to quote a buy a car insurance policy. Welcome to the 21st century!
The first step to finding lower Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
To compare rates now, have your current policy handy (if you have one) and click the link below. Complete the short form and move on to step two.
Quote Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your SLK55 AMG, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: How to Insure your SLK55 AMG for Less
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your SLK55 AMG insurance rates.
- Since your vehicle is higher performance than average, you can expect to pay a little more for coverage. To keep your costs lower, you may consider trading for a lower performance vehicle that has more moderate rates.
- Insurance companies pay attention to which vehicles are stolen the most, so if your car is frequently targeted by thieves, chances are good you will pay more for insurance if you live in certain parts of the country.
- The cost to repair luxury vehicles is generally more than the cost to repair your average domestic family sedan. Everything from paint to bumpers to windshields costs more for the SLK55 AMG so expect to pay more for insurance.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- People like sports cars like the SLK55 AMG for many reasons, but one of them is not a low cost to insure. Sporty vehicles generally have higher performance and with that comes higher risk for an accident.
- Most Mercedes-Benz vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- Consider taking a defensive driving course. You can often make up the cost of the course in as little as a single policy renewal.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- Gaps in insurance coverage will cause problems for your insurance rates. Don't let your policy expire without having new coverage in place.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- Higher deductibles save money. If you can afford to pay a larger portion of a comprehensive or collision claim, you will pay substantially less for those coverages if you increase your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
Step Three: Purchase a New Policy
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your SLK55 AMG and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
You can cancel a policy at any time, but just remember to make the effective date of the replacement policy the exact same as the date you cancel your old policy. You do not want any gaps in coverage between policies.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Mercedes-Benz off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. Comprehensive (or Other than Collision) and collision coverage will extend to your new SLK55 AMG if you current have a vehicle insured with those coverages. If you aren't insured or only carry basic liability coverage, then you will be inadequately insured until you add the vehicle to your policy with full coverage.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. If you're considered a high-risk driver, having been convicted of a DUI, DWI, reckless driving or had your license suspended, you may need to file a SR-22. Be sure your new company files this form with your state DMV. Failure to do so can result in losing your right to drive.
Consumer Insurance Information
To do more research on car insurance, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates