Penny Pincher Insurance for your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500
If buying auto insurance was as easy as it sounds on TV commercials, we'd have no problem getting the lowest rates. But unfortunately, it's difficult for a lot of people and we always seem to pay more than we should. Finding insurance for your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 that you can actually afford is probably no different.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rate Quotes
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Welcome to the 21st century!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your Sprinter 2500 that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: How to Save on Sprinter 2500 Insurance
If you have completed step one above (if not, please complete that step first), then you are now ready to learn some ways to insure your Sprinter 2500 that will also lower the rate you pay irregardless of which company you choose.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- Youthful or teen drivers that are rated on any vehicle will cost more. The inexperience and tendancy to enjoy going fast is a recipe for an accident.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- Try to maintain a claim-free discount on your car insurance policy. Obviously you can't prevent large claims, but if they are smaller and you can afford to pay them out-of-pocket, do so.
- If you've recently completed a driver's training or safety course, tell your insurance company. You may qualify for a 5-10% discount.
- Equipping your Mercedes-Benz with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- Vehicles that tend to get stolen or have high repair costs will cost you more to insure. If your Sprinter 2500 falls into either category, it could cost you.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
Step Three: Bind Coverage and Cancel your Old Policy
If you have found a good price by comparing quotes and also made informed decisions regarding policy limits, deductibles and other policy options that are available, you can now purchase the policy and bind coverage.
If you didn't have a prior policy, then you can make the new policy effective any time. But if you're moving bewteen companies and don't want a lapse in coverage, make sure the effective date of the new policy is exactly the same as the cancellation date of the old policy.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Mercedes-Benz off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new Sprinter 2500 will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates