Five Minutes to Cheaper Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 Insurance
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Finding good insurance for your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
If you haven't priced insurance for awhile, you may still think that the only way to compare rates is to drive around town to multiple insurance offices and meet with an agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
Comparing insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 only require you to enter your information once. You'll receive multiple quotes and can easily compare rates.
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your Sprinter 3500 that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper Sprinter 3500 Insurance
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your Sprinter 3500 insurance rates.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- If you belong to a professional organization for your employment, you may qualify for a discount rate. And if you're a senior citizen, you may get a discount for your age as well.
- If you're a young driver, you will pay more to insure a Sprinter 3500. There isn't anything you can do about your age, but rates will drop as you mature.
- Smaller claims that hardly exceed your deductible are better off not being filed with your insurance company. Policyholders with no claims enjoy lower rates than those who frequently file claims.
- How's your credit score? If it's good you will pay a lower rate than your poor credit counterparts. Work on improving weak credit and you will eventually see your car insurance bill go down.
- Bundling your auto and home insurance with the same company can often get you a discount, and just being a homeowner in itself will get you a lower rate.
- A deductible is the amount you pay before your company pays a comprehensive or collision claim. If you increase your deductibles, you will pay less for these coverages.
- Air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, and stability control all help lower the cost of insurance due to reducing the risk of injury in an accident.
- If you think the only financial impact of a speeding ticket is a fine and court costs, think again. Insurance companies will raise your rates for up to three years for a single ticket.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Auto theft is a big problem that costs us all money, but if your car is on the list of the most frequently stolen autos, you might be paying a little extra because of the temptation to thieves.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your Sprinter 3500 with.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
If the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. Most car insurance companies will extend coverage to newly purchased vehicles, but only up to the limits of the best insured vehicle. So if you only carry liability insurance and no physical damage coverage, your new purchase will be inadequately insured until you specifically add it to the policy with full coverage.
All states require you to keep the proof-of-insurance or financial responsibility card in your vehicle at all times. Failure to produce this document can result in a citation. If you qualilfy as a high-risk driver after being convicted of a DUI, reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state's DMV. Be sure your new car insurance company is aware of this filing requirement.
Additional Learning Resources
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates