Insure your Mercury Topaz for Much Less than you Think
If finding cheaper car insurance was fun, we'd make the time to do it regularly. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. Finding good insurance for your Mercury Topaz probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Apples-to-Apples Quotes
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
Getting online rate quotes for a Mercury Topaz from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
Simply click the link below to enter your information. Once complete, you can compare the returned rates and make a decision on which policy to purchase.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your Topaz, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: How to Insure your Topaz for Less
There are many factors that actually determine what you will pay for insurance, and some are completely within your control.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- If your Mercury is equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes or a security system, insurance companies will often give a minor discount for those.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
- Thieves tend to steal certain makes and models of vehicles more than others, and if your car is on that list, expect to pay higher insurance rates because of it.
- Small claims that may only exceed your physical damage deductibles by a small amount are better off not being submitted to your company. Just pay the extra hundred dollars or two and keep a claim-free discount on your policy.
- Most insurance companies will give you a discount on your car insurance if you also own a home. Some go even farther and give you discounts if you package your homeowners and auto insurance with them.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- Youthful or teen drivers that are rated on any vehicle will cost more. The inexperience and tendancy to enjoy going fast is a recipe for an accident.
- When buying a new policy, you do not want a gap in coverage. This lapse is viewed by insurance companies as a high risk, and you will pay more for your next policy.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your Topaz and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
If the Mercury Topaz is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new Topaz will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates