How to Save Money on Insurance for your Mitsubishi Precis
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But we always seem to pay too much for coverage and most people would rather go to the dentist. Finding insurance for your Mitsubishi Precis that you can actually afford is probably no different.
Step One: Shop Around
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Now that we have the internet, shopping for car insurance online is a snap!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Mitsubishi Precis and you can compare their rates by entering your information only one time.
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Mitsubishi Precis.
Important! If you already have liability and physical damage coverage on your Precis, it's important to keep the same limits and deductibles throughout the quote process. This allows you to fairly compare rates for many companies. If you use different limits and coverages for each quote, you won't be able to judge if the final rate is better or worse than other quotes.
Step Two: Techniques to Lower your Precis Insurance Rates
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a Precis.
- You can check your credit score for free once a year, and it's a good idea to address any problems you find. Better credit results in better insurance rates.
- Most of us have received a ticket at one time or another. If you get a ticket for a minor violation, find out if there is a safe driving class you can take to keep the ticket off your driving record.
- If you rent rather than own a home, you may be paying more for car insurance. Homeowners often get lower rates.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- Try to maintain a claim-free discount on your car insurance policy. Obviously you can't prevent large claims, but if they are smaller and you can afford to pay them out-of-pocket, do so.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Equipping your Mitsubishi with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- Reduce your rates by buying a car that is not a hot model for car thieves. Certain makes and models are more tempting than others, and high-frequency stolen vehicles get charged a higher rate.
- Consider using higher deductibles for physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. Higher deductibles save money since you're willing to pay more out-of-pocket at claim time.
Step Three: Bind Coverage and Cancel your Old Policy
Car insurance is pretty easy to buy online, but you do need to be aware that it is a legally binding contract. You need to have funds available for a down payment as well as review your coverages for any insufficiencies.
If you didn't have a prior policy, then you can make the new policy effective any time. But if you're moving bewteen companies and don't want a lapse in coverage, make sure the effective date of the new policy is exactly the same as the cancellation date of the old policy.
Coverage will extend from your current policy if you're buying a Mitsubishi Precis, but if you don't have a policy, you will need to make sure you have coverage in place before you drive it off the dealership lot. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new Precis will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
After completing your policy purchase, you can print out the proof-of-insurance card to place in your car. Always keep the current card available in case requested by law enforcement or if you are in an accident. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
For more information on car insurance, please visit the Insurance Information Institute's auto insurance informational page.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates