Easily Lower your Saturn Astra Insurance Rates in Three Steps
If finding the lowest rate on car insurance was easy, most people would have no trouble paying less. But we always seem to pay too much for coverage and most people would rather go to the dentist. Finding affordable coverage for your Saturn Astra probably is no different.
Step One: Compare Online Rate Quotes
Years ago, your local insurance agent was the only way to quote a buy a car insurance policy. But now you can eliminate that hassle and buy online!
The first step to finding lower Saturn Astra rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Insurance Quoting Tip! The only way to accurately compare rates bewteen different companies for your Astra is to use identical coverage limits on all the quotes. If you use different liability limits and/or deductibles, you won't have an apples-to-apples rate comparison.
Step Two: Techniques to Lower your Astra Insurance Rates
How much impact insuring your Saturn has on your wallet is controlled by many different factors. Here are some ways to reduce the negatives and improve the positives.
- One of the best ways to lower your insurance rates is to raise your credit score. Check your rating once a year and make sure to address any problem areas immediately.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- If you are a renter rather than a homeowner, you might pay a little more to insure your car. Owning a home takes financial repsonsibility and insurance companies reward those policy holders.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- Successfully completing a driver's training class can help lower your rates if your insurance company offers that discount.
- Newer car models are coming standard with advanced passenger safety systems, and these help reduce the risk of injury in an accident. Less injuries mean lower insurance rates.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- Vehicles that tend to get stolen or have high repair costs will cost you more to insure. If your Astra falls into either category, it could cost you.
- Before a comprehensive or collision claim is paid by your company, you have to pay a deductible first. The more you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be. Consider raising your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Car insurance is pretty easy to buy online, but you do need to be aware that it is a legally binding contract. You need to have funds available for a down payment as well as review your coverages for any insufficiencies.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
Any time you buy a new vehicle, make sure you have car insurance in place, either from an existing policy or a new policy that you purchase from the dealership floor. Comprehensive (or Other than Collision) and collision coverage will extend to your new Astra if you current have a vehicle insured with those coverages. If you aren't insured or only carry basic liability coverage, then you will be inadequately insured until you add the vehicle to your policy with full coverage.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. If you're considered a high-risk driver, having been convicted of a DUI, DWI, reckless driving or had your license suspended, you may need to file a SR-22. Be sure your new company files this form with your state DMV. Failure to do so can result in losing your right to drive.
Consumer Insurance Information
For more detailed car insurance topics, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates