Cheaper Scion iQ Insurance in Five Minutes or Less
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. Finding affordable coverage for your Scion iQ probably is no different.
Step One: Shop Around
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Scion iQ and you can compare their rates by entering your information only one time.
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your iQ, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: How to Insure your iQ for Less
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a iQ.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your iQ is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- If you've recently completed a driver's training or safety course, tell your insurance company. You may qualify for a 5-10% discount.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- How is your credit rating? The better credit you have, the less insurance will cost for your iQ. If you have bad credit, work on improving your credit score and repair past credit problems.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your iQ and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
Before you drive your Scion iQ home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new iQ will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
After completing your policy purchase, you can print out the proof-of-insurance card to place in your car. Always keep the current card available in case requested by law enforcement or if you are in an accident. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates