How to Insure your Volvo XC60 on the Cheap
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. Cutting the check for each renewal on your Volvo XC60 might give you the same feeling.
Step One: Shop Around
If you haven't shopped for car insurance for awhile you might remember the days when the only option was to visit a local insurance agent. Welcome to the NEW way to buy car insurance!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Volvo XC60 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
To compare rates now, have your current policy handy (if you have one) and click the link below. Complete the short form and move on to step two.
Read this (it's important)! When doing any car insurance quote to compare rates to either your existing policy or to other quotes, it's important to use identical coverages on all quotes. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rate for your XC60.
Step Two: How to Insure your XC60 for Less
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a XC60.
- Thieves tend to steal certain makes and models of vehicles more than others, and if your car is on that list, expect to pay higher insurance rates because of it.
- The XC60 would be considered a luxury vehicle, and repair costs are generally higher for more expensive vehicles. This increased cost is passed on to you through a higher insurance cost.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- The advancement of car safety features such as traction control, stability control, front and side-impact air bags and all-wheel drive all help keep insurance costs down.
- Letting your car insurance expire without having new coverage in place is called a "lapse" and will cause your next policy premiums to be higher.
- Most of us have received a ticket at one time or another. If you get a ticket for a minor violation, find out if there is a safe driving class you can take to keep the ticket off your driving record.
- Many insurance companies will give you a small discount if you've recently completed a driver's training course.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
Step Three: Finalize your Policy Details
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your XC60 and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
It's critical that your new policy starts the same day that your old policy ends. If you are cancelling mid-term, make sure there is no lapse in coverage before your new policy kicks in.
If the Volvo XC60 is a new purchase and you haven't had car insurance before, make sure you have coverage in place before driving off the lot. If you have other vehicles already covered, then you will have coverage for the new vehicle. Coverage that extends from an existing policy is only as good as your current coverage. So if you don't carry full coverage on any vehicles, you won't have it on your new XC60.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If you have received a DUI, reckless driving citation or caused an accident without insurance, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state DMV. Make sure your new company is aware of the SR-22 filing requirement.
To read more about filing a claim, choosing replacement parts, rental car insurance and more, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates