How to Find Affordable Insurance for your Audi RS 4
If searching for lower car insurance rates was a good time, we'd have no problem finding the best rate. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. Finding affordable coverage for your Audi RS 4 probably is no different.
Step One: Compare Rates from Multiple Companies
Up until about ten years ago, the only way to shop for car insurance was in the office of a local insurance agent where you'd get a hard sell into a policy. Welcome to the 21st century!
Getting online rate quotes for a Audi RS 4 from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
To begin, click on the link below and complete the short form. It only takes a few minutes and it's helpful to have your current policy handy if you have one.
Quote Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your RS 4, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on RS 4 Insurance
What you actually pay to insure your Audi is determined by many factors, some of which you have no control over.
- Some people just like the looks of a higher performance vehicle like the Audi RS 4, but even if you don't use the extra power it's going to cost you more when your insurance bill arrives.
- Higher deductibles save money. If you can afford to pay a larger portion of a comprehensive or collision claim, you will pay substantially less for those coverages if you increase your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
- Repairing accident damage generally costs more for the RS 4 because the replacement parts cost more. You can expect your car insurance bill to reflect these higher costs for repair.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- People like sports cars like the RS 4 for many reasons, but one of them is not a low cost to insure. Sporty vehicles generally have higher performance and with that comes higher risk for an accident.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Driver's safety courses will often get you a discount off your rates. Check to see if your company offers the discount and find a qualifying class in your area.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- Equipping your Audi with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- If you rent rather than own a home, you may be paying more for car insurance. Homeowners often get lower rates.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- Insurance companies pay attention to which vehicles are stolen the most, so if your car is frequently targeted by thieves, chances are good you will pay more for insurance if you live in certain parts of the country.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Knowing which company to insure your RS 4 with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Audi off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. When driving off the lot, you may have coverage that extends from your current policy. But it will only be equal to the most coverage you have on any vehicle. So if you only carry liability coverage, you won't be covered for full coverage until you specify it on your policy.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. High risk drivers may be required to submit an SR-22 with their state DMV's. If you have been convicted of reckless driving, DUI or had an uninsured accident, you may qualify. Make sure your new policy reflects the need for the SR-22 filing.
More Resources for Insurance Buying
To do more research on car insurance, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.