How to Find Cheaper Dodge Ram 3500 Wagon Van Insurance
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But it's actually not a real enjoyable process for the majority of people and we always seem to end up paying too much. Finding affordable coverage for your Dodge Ram 3500 Wagon Van probably is no different.
Step One: Shop Around
If you haven't shopped for car insurance for awhile you might remember the days when the only option was to visit a local insurance agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Dodge Ram 3500 Wagon Van and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Quote Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your Ram 3500 Wagon Van, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: Best Ways to Lower your Ram 3500 Wagon Van Insurance Cost
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a Ram 3500 Wagon Van.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your Ram 3500 Wagon Van is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- Many insurance companies will give you a small discount if you've recently completed a driver's training course.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Do you keep your credit rating in good shape? If you do, you will get a better rate than if you let your credit score slide. Check your credit score regularly to make sure there are few blemishes on your record.
- Higher deductibles save money. If you can afford to pay a larger portion of a comprehensive or collision claim, you will pay substantially less for those coverages if you increase your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Purchasing an insurance policy is more than just clicking a button. You need to have funds available to make payment and you need to be sure that the coverages are adequate for your personal situation.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
Before you drive your Dodge Ram 3500 Wagon Van home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. Coverage that extends from an existing policy is only as good as your current coverage. So if you don't carry full coverage on any vehicles, you won't have it on your new Ram 3500 Wagon Van.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If you have received a DUI, reckless driving citation or caused an accident without insurance, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state DMV. Make sure your new company is aware of the SR-22 filing requirement.
To do more research on car insurance, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.