Find More Affordable Insurance for your Ferrari 348 GTS
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. Finding insurance for your Ferrari 348 GTS that you can actually afford is probably no different.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
If you haven't priced insurance for awhile, you may still think that the only way to compare rates is to drive around town to multiple insurance offices and meet with an agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
Comparing apples-to-apples price quotes for your Ferrari 348 GTS is made easy by only requiring one form to be completed. This will shop your coverage with multiple companies and allow you to easily compare rates.
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your 348 GTS, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: How to Insure your 348 GTS for Less
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your 348 GTS insurance rates.
- The performance boost offered by your Ferrari 348 GTS is going to force you to spend more for insurance. Consider trading for a lower performance vehicle in order to bring down your rates.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- OEM repair parts for the 348 GTS cost more due to the higher quality. You will pay more for insurance because of this.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- Sporty cars are fun to drive, and that's why you'll pay more for insurance. The tendancy to put the pedal down a little harder means a higher insurance rate for the 348 GTS.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- If you're a young driver, you will pay more to insure a 348 GTS. There isn't anything you can do about your age, but rates will drop as you mature.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- Try to maintain a claim-free discount on your car insurance policy. Obviously you can't prevent large claims, but if they are smaller and you can afford to pay them out-of-pocket, do so.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- Air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, and stability control all help lower the cost of insurance due to reducing the risk of injury in an accident.
- Car insurance disounts for senior citizens are often offered by companies as well as discounts for belonging to a professional organization.
- Insurance companies pay attention to which vehicles are stolen the most, so if your car is frequently targeted by thieves, chances are good you will pay more for insurance if you live in certain parts of the country.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
Step Three: Bind Coverage and Cancel your Old Policy
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your 348 GTS and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
If you didn't have a prior policy, then you can make the new policy effective any time. But if you're moving bewteen companies and don't want a lapse in coverage, make sure the effective date of the new policy is exactly the same as the cancellation date of the old policy.
If the Ferrari 348 GTS is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. Most car insurance companies will extend coverage to newly purchased vehicles, but only up to the limits of the best insured vehicle. So if you only carry liability insurance and no physical damage coverage, your new purchase will be inadequately insured until you specifically add it to the policy with full coverage.
Once you finish buying your new policy, you will need to print out the proof-of-insurance card that is provided by your new company. This card is proof that you meet the state's minimum liability limits and is required to be kept in your vehicle. If you qualilfy as a high-risk driver after being convicted of a DUI, reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state's DMV. Be sure your new car insurance company is aware of this filing requirement.
Additional Learning Resources
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.