How to Save Money on Insurance for your Ford E250 Econoline Club Wagon
If buying auto insurance was as easy as it sounds on TV commercials, we'd have no problem getting the lowest rates. But we always seem to pay too much for coverage and most people would rather go to the dentist. Buying insurance on your Ford E250 Econoline Club Wagon might leave you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rate Quotes
The old-fashioned method of shopping for car insurance included visiting several local insurance agents and being on the receiving end of a hard sell tactic. But now you can eliminate that hassle and buy online!
The best car insurance companies offer online quoting for a Ford E250 Econoline Club Wagon and it's very easy to compare different rates by only using one form.
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Important! If you already have liability and physical damage coverage on your E250 Econoline Club Wagon, it's important to keep the same limits and deductibles throughout the quote process. This allows you to fairly compare rates for many companies. If you use different limits and coverages for each quote, you won't be able to judge if the final rate is better or worse than other quotes.
Step Two: Techniques to Lower your E250 Econoline Club Wagon Insurance Rates
If you have completed step one above (if not, please complete that step first), then you are now ready to learn some ways to insure your E250 Econoline Club Wagon that will also lower the rate you pay irregardless of which company you choose.
- One of the best ways to lower your insurance rates is to raise your credit score. Check your rating once a year and make sure to address any problem areas immediately.
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Having any gaps in coverage (known as a lapse) is bad in the eyes of any insurance company. Make sure you keep coverage in force at all times by synchronizing the expiration and effective dates of your policies.
- Filing too many claims with your company can end up either costing you more for insurance or having your policy cancelled. Insurance companies don't like paying any more than you do, but they have the option of whether to keep you as a policyholder or not.
- Successfully completing a driver's training class can help lower your rates if your insurance company offers that discount.
- If your Ford is equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes or a security system, insurance companies will often give a minor discount for those.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- Particular years and models of cars tend to be frequently stolen, and if your E250 Econoline Club Wagon is on that list, chances are your insurance company knows it and will ding you a little extra because of it.
- Consider using higher deductibles for physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. Higher deductibles save money since you're willing to pay more out-of-pocket at claim time.
Step Three: Make an Informed Buying Decision
Car insurance is pretty easy to buy online, but you do need to be aware that it is a legally binding contract. You need to have funds available for a down payment as well as review your coverages for any insufficiencies.
On your new policy, double check that the effective date is the same as the date you are cancelling your old policy. This avoids any lapse in coverage which can cause an increase in your rates.
Any time you buy a new vehicle, make sure you have car insurance in place, either from an existing policy or a new policy that you purchase from the dealership floor. The coverage extended to an add-on vehicle is only as good as the coverage on existing vehicles, so if none of your current insured vehicles have full coverage, your new E250 Econoline Club Wagon won't have it either. So in that case, it's important to call your agent or company directly from the dealership and have them bind coverage immediately.
Once your new policy has been purchased, you are required to keep the proof-of-insurance card in your vehicle at all times. This is required by state law and you can receive a citation if you cannot provide it. If you are required to file an SR-22 with your state, your new insurance company will take care of that for you. If you cancel your coverage for any reason, you risk the loss of your driver's license.
Other Insurance Resources
For more information on car insurance, please visit the Insurance Information Institute's auto insurance informational page.