Lower your GMC P3500 Step Van Insurance Rates in Three Easy Steps
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. Unfortunately, it's not always as easy as it sounds to get the best rate. You probably feel the same way when trying to find cheaper coverage for your GMC P3500 Step Van.
Step One: Compare Rates
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Now that we have the internet, shopping for car insurance online is a snap!
Almost every car insurance company now offers online quotes, and you can actually get insurance quotes for a GMC P3500 Step Van without even visiting their websites!
To compare rates now, have your current policy handy (if you have one) and click the link below. Complete the short form and move on to step two.
Important! If you already have liability and physical damage coverage on your P3500 Step Van, it's important to keep the same limits and deductibles throughout the quote process. This allows you to fairly compare rates for many companies. If you use different limits and coverages for each quote, you won't be able to judge if the final rate is better or worse than other quotes.
Step Two: Tricks to Saving Money on P3500 Step Van Insurance
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your P3500 Step Van insurance rates.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- If you are a senior citizen or belong to a particular professional organization, you may qualify for a break on insurance.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- Most insurance companies will give you a discount on your car insurance if you also own a home. Some go even farther and give you discounts if you package your homeowners and auto insurance with them.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
- If your vehicle comes with safety features such as electronic stability control, head restraints, all-wheel drive or air bags, these all help keep insurance costs down by helping reduce accident injuries.
- If you have a speeding ticket or other moving violation, you could be charged more for insurance. If you get a ticket, find out if your county or state offers a defensive driving course that will void the ticket upon completion.
- If you have a period where you don't have any insurance coverage, that's called a lapse. The longer the lapse, the more you'll pay to reinstate coverage.
- Vehicles that tend to get stolen or have high repair costs will cost you more to insure. If your P3500 Step Van falls into either category, it could cost you.
Step Three: Purchase a New Policy
It's time to make a purchase decision based on your rate comparisions and and any policy coverage changes you wish to make. Once you are comfortable with the cost and coverages, you can finalize your purchase by paying your premium down payment.
You can cancel a policy at any time, but just remember to make the effective date of the replacement policy the exact same as the date you cancel your old policy. You do not want any gaps in coverage between policies.
Coverage will extend from your current policy if you're buying a GMC P3500 Step Van, but if you don't have a policy, you will need to make sure you have coverage in place before you drive it off the dealership lot. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new P3500 Step Van. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
Your insurance company will provide you with proof-of-insurance forms to keep in your vehicle. It's required by state law to carry at least the state minimum liability limits. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
For more information on car insurance, please visit the Insurance Information Institute's auto insurance informational page.