Insure your Jaguar XJR-S for Much Less than you Think
If finding cheaper car insurance was fun, we'd make the time to do it regularly. Unfortunately, it's not always as easy as it sounds to get the best rate. Insuring your Jaguar XJR-S is probably no exception.
Step One: Compare Apples-to-Apples Quotes
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
You can compare insurance rates for a Jaguar XJR-S simply and quickly just by filling out one form. This allows you to quote the same coverages with multiple companies and pick the lowest rate.
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your XJR-S, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: Tricks to Saving Money on XJR-S Insurance
There are many factors that actually determine what you will pay for insurance, and some are completely within your control.
- The Jaguar XJR-S is a high performance vehicle. Insurance rates are higher on cars that offer larger engines, more horsepower or increased risk of accident or rollover.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your XJR-S is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- When repairing accident damage on luxury vehicles, body shops charge more because the replacement parts are more expensive. Everything from a fender to a tail light will cost more to replace so your insurance rates will be higher as well.
- Being a senior citizen can qualify you for a small discount on your insurance rates. Older drivers are generally more cautious so they get a lower rate.
- Filing too many claims with your company can end up either costing you more for insurance or having your policy cancelled. Insurance companies don't like paying any more than you do, but they have the option of whether to keep you as a policyholder or not.
- Most insurance companies will give you a discount on your car insurance if you also own a home. Some go even farther and give you discounts if you package your homeowners and auto insurance with them.
- If your Jaguar is equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes or a security system, insurance companies will often give a minor discount for those.
- Do not allow your current car insurance coverage to lapse or expire. Insurance companies have a simple way to find out when your last policy ended (called a CLUE report), and if you went without coverage for any length of time you may pay more for coverage.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Car insurance rates for a teen driver on a Jaguar XJR-S will be expensive no matter what kind of coverage you have. But if you don't need comprehensive and collision, consider dropping those to save money.
- How is your credit rating? The better credit you have, the less insurance will cost for your XJR-S. If you have bad credit, work on improving your credit score and repair past credit problems.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
Step Three: Choose a Company and Bind Coverage
It's time to make a purchase decision based on your rate comparisions and and any policy coverage changes you wish to make. Once you are comfortable with the cost and coverages, you can finalize your purchase by paying your premium down payment.
The key thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you do not want your old policy to lapse. Make sure the effective date of the new policy is on or before the expiration date of your current policy.
Before you drive your Jaguar XJR-S home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new XJR-S. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
At the end of buying your policy, you will be able to print out a new proof-of-insurance card to place in your vehicle. This card is required by law and must be produced if requested by law enforcement. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.