Guide to Insuring your Lexus ES 350 for Less
If shopping your car insurance around was fun, we'd do it much more often. But more than likely, it's challenging for most people and we always end up paying more than we want. Insuring your Lexus ES 350 is probably no exception.
Step One: Insurance Rate Comparison Quotes
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a Lexus ES 350 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Simply click the link below to enter your information. Once complete, you can compare the returned rates and make a decision on which policy to purchase.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your ES 350.
Step Two: How to Cut Costs on ES 350 Insurance
There are many contributing factors that determine what you pay to insure your Lexus. You can help yourself (and your wallet) by paying attention to the following rate factors.
- The Lexus ES 350 is a high performance vehicle. Insurance rates are higher on cars that offer larger engines, more horsepower or increased risk of accident or rollover.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your ES 350 is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
- When repairing accident damage on luxury vehicles, body shops charge more because the replacement parts are more expensive. Everything from a fender to a tail light will cost more to replace so your insurance rates will be higher as well.
- Membership has it's privleges. If you're a member of a professional organization, check to see if your company offers discounts to its members. It can add up to 5% or more.
- Try to maintain a claim-free discount on your car insurance policy. Obviously you can't prevent large claims, but if they are smaller and you can afford to pay them out-of-pocket, do so.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- If your Lexus is equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes or a security system, insurance companies will often give a minor discount for those.
- Do not allow your current car insurance coverage to lapse or expire. Insurance companies have a simple way to find out when your last policy ended (called a CLUE report), and if you went without coverage for any length of time you may pay more for coverage.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Youthful or teen drivers that are rated on any vehicle will cost more. The inexperience and tendancy to enjoy going fast is a recipe for an accident.
- If you have a high credit score, you will be rewarded with lower insurance rates. Conversely, if your credit rating is on the low site, your rates will be higher.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
Step Three: Choose a Company and Bind Coverage
You've compared rates and hopefully looked over the coverages for each vehicle on your policy to make sure they're adequate. Now you can make the big decision on which company will best fulfill your needs.
The key thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you do not want your old policy to lapse. Make sure the effective date of the new policy is on or before the expiration date of your current policy.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Lexus ES 350 will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new ES 350. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.