Cheaper Mercedes-Benz 560SEL Insurance in Five Minutes or Less
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. You probably feel the same way when trying to find cheaper coverage for your Mercedes-Benz 560SEL.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Not anymore!
You can compare insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz 560SEL simply and quickly just by filling out one form. This allows you to quote the same coverages with multiple companies and pick the lowest rate.
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Mercedes-Benz 560SEL.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your 560SEL, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: How to Lower your 560SEL Insurance Premium
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your 560SEL insurance costs.
- Since your vehicle is higher performance than average, you can expect to pay a little more for coverage. To keep your costs lower, you may consider trading for a lower performance vehicle that has more moderate rates.
- If you are a senior citizen or belong to a particular professional organization, you may qualify for a break on insurance.
- When repairing accident damage on luxury vehicles, body shops charge more because the replacement parts are more expensive. Everything from a fender to a tail light will cost more to replace so your insurance rates will be higher as well.
- One of the best ways to lower your insurance rates is to raise your credit score. Check your rating once a year and make sure to address any problem areas immediately.
- Ask your insurance company if there is a discount for completing a driver's safety course. It may get you up to a 10% discount at your next renewal.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- Higher deductibles save money. If you can afford to pay a larger portion of a comprehensive or collision claim, you will pay substantially less for those coverages if you increase your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
- Insurance companies pay attention to which vehicles are stolen the most, so if your car is frequently targeted by thieves, chances are good you will pay more for insurance if you live in certain parts of the country.
- If you have tended to file small claims with your car insurance company in the past, you're most likely going to pay higher premiums in the future. Consider paying minor claims out-of-pocket instead of blemishing your claim history.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
- One of the easiest ways to keep your rates down is to drive safe. One speeding ticket can boost your rates for three years.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- When buying a new policy, you do not want a gap in coverage. This lapse is viewed by insurance companies as a high risk, and you will pay more for your next policy.
Step Three: Purchase a New Policy
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your 560SEL that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
You can cancel a policy at any time, but just remember to make the effective date of the replacement policy the exact same as the date you cancel your old policy. You do not want any gaps in coverage between policies.
If you are adding a vehicle to an existing policy and not buying a new one, just make sure to get the vehicle added as soon as possible. Every insurance company offers a grace period to add new vehicles, so make sure you get the Mercedes-Benz added prior to the expiration of this grace period. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new 560SEL. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
At the end of buying your policy, you will be able to print out a new proof-of-insurance card to place in your vehicle. This card is required by law and must be produced if requested by law enforcement. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.