Penny Pincher Insurance for your Mercedes-Benz C220
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Finding affordable coverage for your Mercedes-Benz C220 probably is no different.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
If you haven't shopped for car insurance for awhile you might remember the days when the only option was to visit a local insurance agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Mercedes-Benz C220 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your C220 that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper C220 Insurance
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your C220 insurance costs.
- Some people just like the looks of a higher performance vehicle like the Mercedes-Benz C220, but even if you don't use the extra power it's going to cost you more when your insurance bill arrives.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- The C220 would be considered a luxury vehicle, and repair costs are generally higher for more expensive vehicles. This increased cost is passed on to you through a higher insurance cost.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- Bundling your auto and home insurance with the same company can often get you a discount, and just being a homeowner in itself will get you a lower rate.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- Most Mercedes-Benz vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your C220 with.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
If the Mercedes-Benz C220 is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. Coverage that extends from an existing policy is only as good as your current coverage. So if you don't carry full coverage on any vehicles, you won't have it on your new C220.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If you have received a DUI, reckless driving citation or caused an accident without insurance, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state DMV. Make sure your new company is aware of the SR-22 filing requirement.
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.