Easily Lower your Mercedes-Benz C350 Insurance Rates in Three Steps
If finding cheaper car insurance was fun, we'd make the time to do it regularly. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. Finding good insurance for your Mercedes-Benz C350 probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Apples-to-Apples Quotes
The old way of buying car insurance was to make multiple trips to various local agents and get strong armed into a policy that didn't necessarily fit you. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
The first step to finding lower Mercedes-Benz C350 rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Mercedes-Benz C350.
Insurance Quoting Tip! The only way to accurately compare rates bewteen different companies for your C350 is to use identical coverage limits on all the quotes. If you use different liability limits and/or deductibles, you won't have an apples-to-apples rate comparison.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on C350 Insurance
There are many factors that actually determine what you will pay for insurance, and some are completely within your control.
- The Mercedes-Benz C350 is a higher performance vehicle, but do you really need the increased speed or power? Vehicles with more moderate performance are usually cheaper to insure.
- Car insurance disounts for senior citizens are often offered by companies as well as discounts for belonging to a professional organization.
- C350 replacement parts are more expensive due to the quality of the parts, so you can expect your physical damage rates to be higher to reflect the higher cost of repair.
- A deductible is the amount you pay before your company pays a comprehensive or collision claim. If you increase your deductibles, you will pay less for these coverages.
- Teen drivers have a tendancy to learn the hard way when driving, and that means having a few fender-benders. Rating them on a high profile newer vehicle can be very expensive so you might consider buying an older model vehicle for them to drive and only insure it with liability coverage.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- Safety features such as passive restraints and air bag systems help reduce injuries in and accident, and car insurance companies will charge lower rates if these features are present.
- Smaller claims that hardly exceed your deductible are better off not being filed with your insurance company. Policyholders with no claims enjoy lower rates than those who frequently file claims.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your C350 is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- If you're not sure what your credit rating is, check it now. Car insurance companies use your credit score to determine the rates you pay, so the better your credit, the less you will pay.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- Letting your car insurance expire without having new coverage in place is called a "lapse" and will cause your next policy premiums to be higher.
- Being a homeowner can often get you a little discount on your auto insurance. Insuring you home with the same company as your autos can often get you even deeper discounts.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
Knowing which company to insure your C350 with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
Before you drive your Mercedes-Benz C350 home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. Your existing car insurance policy will give you some coverage if you buy a new or used C350, but unless you are already paying for full coverage, you won't have it until you add the vehicle to your policy.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. Depending on your state's statutes, you may be required to file an SR-22 form if you've been convicted of an uninsured accident, DUI or license suspension. Make sure your new company is aware of this requirement and files it promptly.
More Educational Resources
For more detailed car insurance topics, visit the Insurance Information Institute.