How to Insure your Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG on the Cheap
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But it's actually not a real enjoyable process for the majority of people and we always seem to end up paying too much. Finding affordable insurance for your Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG is probably the same story.
Step One: Shop Around
The old-fashioned method of shopping for car insurance included visiting several local insurance agents and being on the receiving end of a hard sell tactic. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG and you can compare their rates by entering your information only one time.
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG.
Read this (it's important)! When doing any car insurance quote to compare rates to either your existing policy or to other quotes, it's important to use identical coverages on all quotes. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rate for your CL63 AMG.
Step Two: Best Ways to Lower your CL63 AMG Insurance Cost
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a CL63 AMG.
- Vehicles that are considered high performance will have a higher insurance price tag that your average family sedan. The Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG is no exception.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your CL63 AMG is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- The more a vehicles costs new, the more likely it is that repairs will cost more as well. Since the CL63 AMG is a luxury sedan vehicle insurance will cost a little more.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
- Most Mercedes-Benz vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- Consider taking a defensive driving course. You can often make up the cost of the course in as little as a single policy renewal.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
Step Three: Finalize your Car Insurance Policy
Purchasing an insurance policy is more than just clicking a button. You need to have funds available to make payment and you need to be sure that the coverages are adequate for your personal situation.
An important thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you want the effective date of the new policy to be the exact same as the date you are cancelling your old policy.
Before you drive your Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. The coverage extended to an add-on vehicle is only as good as the coverage on existing vehicles, so if none of your current insured vehicles have full coverage, your new CL63 AMG won't have it either. So in that case, it's important to call your agent or company directly from the dealership and have them bind coverage immediately.
After completing your policy purchase, you can print out the proof-of-insurance card to place in your car. Always keep the current card available in case requested by law enforcement or if you are in an accident. If you are required to file an SR-22 with your state, your new insurance company will take care of that for you. If you cancel your coverage for any reason, you risk the loss of your driver's license.
Other Insurance Resources
To read more about filing a claim, choosing replacement parts, rental car insurance and more, visit the Insurance Information Institute.