Three Easy Steps to Lower Mercedes-Benz S450 Insurance Rates
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. Insuring your Mercedes-Benz S450 is probably no exception.
Step One: Compare Rates
If you haven't priced insurance for awhile, you may still think that the only way to compare rates is to drive around town to multiple insurance offices and meet with an agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
Comparing insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz S450 only require you to enter your information once. You'll receive multiple quotes and can easily compare rates.
To find affordable coverage for your Mercedes-Benz S450, the first step is to click the link below and complete the short form.
Read this (it's important)! When doing any car insurance quote to compare rates to either your existing policy or to other quotes, it's important to use identical coverages on all quotes. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rate for your S450.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on S450 Insurance
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your S450 insurance rates.
- The Mercedes-Benz S450 is a high performance vehicle. Insurance rates are higher on cars that offer larger engines, more horsepower or increased risk of accident or rollover.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- OEM repair parts for the S450 cost more due to the higher quality. You will pay more for insurance because of this.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- If your Mercedes-Benz is equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes or a security system, insurance companies will often give a minor discount for those.
- If you have tended to file small claims with your car insurance company in the past, you're most likely going to pay higher premiums in the future. Consider paying minor claims out-of-pocket instead of blemishing your claim history.
- Reduce your rates by buying a car that is not a hot model for car thieves. Certain makes and models are more tempting than others, and high-frequency stolen vehicles get charged a higher rate.
- One of the best ways to lower your insurance rates is to raise your credit score. Check your rating once a year and make sure to address any problem areas immediately.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- If you are a renter rather than a homeowner, you might pay a little more to insure your car. Owning a home takes financial repsonsibility and insurance companies reward those policy holders.
Step Three: Choose a Company and Bind Coverage
Knowing which company to insure your S450 with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
The key thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you do not want your old policy to lapse. Make sure the effective date of the new policy is on or before the expiration date of your current policy.
If the Mercedes-Benz S450 is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. Most car insurance companies will extend coverage to newly purchased vehicles, but only up to the limits of the best insured vehicle. So if you only carry liability insurance and no physical damage coverage, your new purchase will be inadequately insured until you specifically add it to the policy with full coverage.
All states require you to keep the proof-of-insurance or financial responsibility card in your vehicle at all times. Failure to produce this document can result in a citation. If you qualilfy as a high-risk driver after being convicted of a DUI, reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state's DMV. Be sure your new car insurance company is aware of this filing requirement.
Additional Learning Resources
To read more about filing a claim, choosing replacement parts, rental car insurance and more, visit the Insurance Information Institute.