How to Insure your Subaru B9 Tribeca on a Tight Budget
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. Finding affordable coverage for your Subaru B9 Tribeca probably is no different.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
Up until just recently, the only option you had for shopping for insurance was getting a high pressure sales pitch in the office of your local insurance agent. Welcome to the 21st century!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a Subaru B9 Tribeca and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Quote Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your B9 Tribeca, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: How to Insure your B9 Tribeca for Less
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your B9 Tribeca insurance rates.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- You can save money on your physical damage coverage (comprehensive and collision) by increasing your deductibles. Higher deductibles mean you are willing to pay more before the insurance company covers a claim.
- If you're a young driver, you will pay more to insure a B9 Tribeca. There isn't anything you can do about your age, but rates will drop as you mature.
- If you have a speeding ticket or other moving violation, you could be charged more for insurance. If you get a ticket, find out if your county or state offers a defensive driving course that will void the ticket upon completion.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- Insurance companies pay attention to which vehicles are stolen the most, so if your car is frequently targeted by thieves, chances are good you will pay more for insurance if you live in certain parts of the country.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- Many insurance companies will give you a small discount if you've recently completed a driver's training course.
- Do not allow your current car insurance coverage to lapse or expire. Insurance companies have a simple way to find out when your last policy ended (called a CLUE report), and if you went without coverage for any length of time you may pay more for coverage.
- Most insurance companies will give you a discount on your car insurance if you also own a home. Some go even farther and give you discounts if you package your homeowners and auto insurance with them.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your B9 Tribeca and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Subaru off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. Anytime you buy a vehicle, you want to make sure coverage is in place before driving off the lot. If you have a policy now, you will have at least liability coverage. But if you don't insure any vehicles with full coverage, then you will put your new B9 Tribeca at risk as soon as you drive away.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. SR-22 filings are for high risk drivers and ensure that you have met your state's financial responsibility requirements. If you have DUI, DWI or uninsured accident convictions, you may have to file an SR-22 with your state DMV.
For More Information
To do more research on car insurance, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.